The month of Ramadan is the month in which the Quran was sent down,
a guidance for the people, and clear verses of guidance and criterion.
[Quran: Chapter 2:183]

Sponsored

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Ramadan Message 2008 - Day 7

“And Allah will judge with (justice and) Truth: but those whom (men) invoke besides Him, will not (be in a position) to judge at all. Verily it is Allah (alone) Who hears and sees (all things).” (Qur'an 40 Verse 20)

The Prophet (peace be upon him) advised, “Whenever anyone of you invoke Allah for something, he should be firm in his asking, and he should not say: 'If You wish, give me...' for none can compel Allah to do something against His Will.” (Bukhari)


SPECIAL SUPPLICATIONS

The Prophet Muhammad gave us guidance in all aspects of our human needs, including spiritual. We commit sins in the course of our daily existence. Our sins will far outweigh our good deeds. Allah sent His Messenger to guide us on seeking His forgiveness and earning His blessings.

Prophet Muhammad in discharging this duty recommended the supplication below stating that: "If a believer says this with complete faith and sincerity in the morning and dies before that evening, he will enter paradise. If he says it during the night and dies before the morning, he will enter paradise."

O Allah! You are my Lord. There is no God except You.
You created me and I am Your slave.
To the best of my ability, I will abide by my covenant and pledge to You.
I seek Your protection from the evil of my own creation.
I acknowledge Your favours to me and I admit my sins.
So please forgive me for no one can forgive sins except You.

Allahumma 'Anta Rabbī Lā 'Ilāha 'Illā 'Anta
Khalaqtanī Wa 'Anā `Abduka
Wa 'Anā `Alaá `Ahdika Wa Wa`dika Mā Astaţa`tu
'A`ūdhu Bika Min Sharri Mā Şana`tu
'Abū'u Laka Bini`matika `Alayya Wa 'Abū'u Laka Bidhanbī
Fāghfir Lī, 'Innahu Lā Yaghfiru Adh-Dhunūba 'Illā 'Anta


Further, Abu Bakr As-Siddiq narrated: "I asked Allah's Messenger to teach me an invocation so that I may invoke Allah with it in my prayer. He told me to say:

O Allah! I have done great injustice to myself
and none except You forgives sins, so please forgive me
and be Merciful to me as You are The Forgiver, The Merciful

Allahumma inni zalumtu nafsi zulman kathiran
Wala yaghfirudh-dhunuba illa anta faghfirli maghfiratan min 'Indika
war-hamni innaka antal-ghafur-ur-rahim


Before Allah forgives your sins and protect your honour and admits you into His Paradise, you have to feel shame and remorseful.

Abu Hurayrah narrated that he heard Allah's Messenger saying. "All the sins of my followers will be forgiven except those of the Mujahirin (those who commit a sin openly or disclose their sins to the people).

An example of such disclosure is that a person commits a sin at night and though Allah screens it from the public, then he comes in the morning, and says, 'O so-and-so, I did such-and-such (evil) deed yesterday,' though he spent his night screened by his Lord (none knowing about his sin) and in the morning he removes Allah's screen from himself." (Bukhari)

Labels:

Special Ramadan Series

Dear Reader, Assalaamu’alaikum.

Ramadan Mubarak. We wish you a blessed and productive Ramadan! Make no mistake about it - keeping the fast and increasing our acts of worship during this blessed month is not an easy task. The physical demands of balancing work or school with fasting all day, feeling fatigued and less effective than you normally are, waking up for Suhoor, praying Teraweeh and Tahajjud prayers, dealing with sleep deficits.

But the last thing we would want is to let Ramadan pass us by without doing all that we aim and desire to. Do not allow yourself to feel guilty or regretful when Ramadan passes.

The Ramadan Series will send you emails with practical tips on how to gain and maintain the physical and spiritual energy necessary to embark on increased religious oligations so that you will reap the benefits from this blessed month. This includes special Ramadan duas to say during the month. Do sign-up today!

* Email
First Name
Last Name
* = Required Field
Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails